Snacks, snacks, snacks.
We love them and we’re all about them. Much so that we’ve created a variety of tasty quality meaty snacks you can eat with your keto crackers that you keto dieters love so much.
“Great taste! I love the beef sticks and have just ordered a subscription for them along with a one time beef bar order. In addition to using the beef sticks for snacks, I have upgraded the nutritional value by slicing them up along with sweet peppers and mushroom and adding them to my scrambled eggs. What a treat!!!”
But meaty treats aside, keto crackers are perfect for a solo snack, absolutely killer with some cheese… and did someone say avocado ‘toast’ (just make them bigger, tostada style).
What Crackers are Keto Friendly?
It’s no secret that most crackers aren’t keto-friendly — yes, even the ones that are labeled as such. Thus your safest bet is making your own batch at home and we’ve got the perfect recipe for you.
Low Carb Crackers: Your Ultimate Recipe
Made with almond flour and cheese, these keto crackers are a low-carb way to enjoy a crunchy snack with just 1 gram net carbs per serving.
In fact, you don’t need any complex kitchen gadgets for these crackers. All you need are just 12 minutes, so you can quickly put together a snack board for yourself while they’re baking away.
- Almond flour: Use blanched almond flour instead of almond meal because the latter will make the crackers heavy and dense. And we don’t want them falling apart once baked, do we?
- Shredded cheese: Cheddar cheese is a great option as it gives the crackers extra crispiness and holds together the best but you can also use mozzarella cheese.
- Salt and pepper: To taste. Only add salt after the crackers are ready, as the cheese is already quite flavorful and salty.
- Water: Only add water to the dough if it requires extra binding.
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, add your almond flour and shredded cheese, and blend well until dough appears. If the dough is too crumbly, add a little water.
- Place the dough between two parchment papers: one on the bottom and another piece of parchment paper on top. Roll it out until flat and thin.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut the dough into squares.
- Place the crackers onto a lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, before flipping and cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow them to cool completely.
Tips to Making the Best Almond Flour Crackers
- “The thinner your dough, the crispier your crackers” (sing it with us).
- Use a pizza cutter to cut up the dough into crackers so that it’s easier to slice it more evenly.
- Feel free to add spices like oregano, basil, and smoked paprika into the dough for some extra flavor.
- Don’t overbake the crackers, instead, let them crisp up and once they’ve turned golden brown around the edges, they’re ready.
Storing and Freezing Crackers
- To store: To ensure your crackers stay fresh for at least three days, store crackers at room temperature, in a sealed container.
- To freeze: Place crackers in a ziplock bag and store them in the freezer for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and reheat in the oven once thawed out.
- To reheat: If you refrigerate your crackers, we recommend you reheat them in the oven or toaster oven to crisp up again.
Crispy, crunchy, salty, and cheesy – these keto crackers have the perfect cracker taste and texture.
Now that you’ve got your low-carb keto cracker recipe locked down, it’s time to make spreads that are compatible with the keto diet.
When made with grain-free flours like almond and coconut, keto crackers can easily pass the keto test.
There’s no need to eat keto crackers dry just because store-bought Nutella is off the table. Here are two simple, keto-friendly spreads to dip your cheese crackers into.
3-Ingredient Low-Carb Hazelnut Spread
- 1 ½ cups (120g) ground hazelnuts
- 6 tbsp (90ml) melted coconut oil
- 4 tbsp (32g) powdered erythritol (confectioners' erythritol)
- 1.75 oz (50g) melted sugar-free chocolate (or chocolate with at least 85% cacao content)
- 1 tbsp (8g) baking cacao powder
- 1 tsp (6g) sugar-free vanilla extract
- ½ vanilla pod (optional)
- Melt the sugar-free chocolate using a double boiler.
- Melt the coconut oil as well if needed.
- Add the ground hazelnuts, powdered erythritol, melted coconut oil, baking cocoa powder, and vanilla extract into a food processor and blend on high for approx 30-45 seconds.
- Add the melted chocolate as well and blend for another 15 seconds.
- (Remember to scrape chunky bits from the sides and the bottom of the food processor then blend again for a few seconds if needed.)
- Fill the hazelnut spread into an air-tight jar.
- Store in an air-tight container for up to a week at room temperature.
“‘Normal’ sweets always leave me feeling guilty and with a nasty feeling on my teeth whereas ketogenic copycats are completely guilt-free and healthy!”
- 150 grams of cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons of coconut milk
- 2 garlic cloves (more if you’re crazy about garlic)
- 1/3 cup of cilantro (or coriander or spring onion)
- 2 pinches of each of these spices: salt, pepper, turmeric (optional), chili powder (or any other spices)
- 2 teaspoons of chia seeds
- 1 1/2 ripe medium avocados
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1 teaspoon of hot sauce (go for a hot sauce that doesn’t include sugar like American Garden)
- Chop garlic, cilantro, or any other herbs.
- Mix avocados, cream cheese, coconut milk, chopped garlic, and cilantro until smooth in the bowl.
- Add spices, lime juice, hot sauce, and chia seeds, mix all together.
- Transfer to a fancy jar then keep it in the fridge for 20 minutes before serving.
“I’ve made this dressing several times. I want everyone to know how much I love this recipe. I use it as a dressing for a simple green salad, a dip for chips and it replaces mayonnaise in sandwiches. If you love avocados, you need to try this very easy and delicious recipe.”
Snacking With a Cause: Mission Meats
See? Living your very best low-carb life doesn’t mean giving up on your favorite snack staples.
In fact, as said we’ve got the ultimate snacks you can eat with your ketro crackers that will take your keto low-carb diet to the next level. In steps our variety of meat sticks, bar & strips, and jerkies.
Not only are Mision Meat's snacks made with high-quality ingredients and packed with pure protein but also every single purchase supports one of the following causes:
Better, our Keto Sampler Pack is the perfect way to ease yourself into the Mission Meats lifestyle and our happy customer agrees.
“Loved my Keto Sampler Pack - and my husband and son have caught on to the deliciousness. They are a must-have in my pantry at all times!”
Our sampler pack includes:
- Original beef bars
- Original turkey sticks
- Jalapeno beef sticks
- Original beef sticks