LIVE YOUR MISSION | #014: Creative Problem Solving with Matthew Manos, founder of verynice
This week Peter talks with Matthew Manos, founder of verynice which helps businesses, non-profits, and governments expand their capacity for impact through design strategy and creative facilitation. Hear how his side project turned into his dream job before he was even out of grad school, plus stick around for the reaper round where he breaks a bit of a sweat!
(0:00) Welcome to the Live Your Mission show!
(0:43) Mission Meats presents: Prosperity Pets! // prosperitypets.co + Amazon + email firstname.lastname@example.org for a LYM listener code!
(2:38) Intro to our conversation with Matthew Manos
(5:33) Welcome to the show, Matthew!
(5:43) Matthew’s current mission
(6:54) Why he’s the right person for the job
(8:23) Win-win: Helping others make the real impact
(10:18) Creative problem-solving: Matthew’s services
(13:18) Unintended impact: 826la
(15:18) Looking back at initial expectations // How Matthew figured out how to make his passion a full-time mission
(18:03) There’s a way to keep art separate from passion
(18:57) Working for the passion, first!
(20:53) Looking back at what Matthew would’ve done differently
(25:16) Avoiding the irrelevant question of, “How big is your team? - instead ask, “What is the mission?”
(29:16) Very Nice was always about the mission
(32:31) Advice for those who dread those “Mondays” // Taking a step back to analyze your situation
(37:44) THE REAPER ROUND
Books Mentioned in this episode:
Where to find Matthew:
How to nominate someone for Live Your Mission feature
- Post on social using #LIVEYOURMISSION and share with us who you want to nominate (or yourself) thats living out their mission to the fullest!
- You can also email nominations into email@example.com
How to enter #missionreaper challenge for your chance at $100 worth of free snacks
- Grab your bag of Carolina Reaper Beef Jerky (be sure to get some for your friends too!)
- Record your reaction to the HEAT. We dare you to eat the whole bag!
- Upload your video to Facebook or Instagram and tag #MISSIONREAPER to enter! We'll pick one monthly winner.