LYM #017: How to un-stifle your creativity with expert Nate Spees
This week Peter chats with Nate Spees, CEO of Grizzly, a company that is a creative agency that combines strategy, design, technology, and storytelling to build adventurous brands. Listen as Nate discusses the importance of being nimble and being able to regularly adjust your approach no matter the size of your business. Nate also provides excellent actionable advice for boosting creativity! Stick around for the reaper round where Nate gets slightly dazed from the heat…but still eats the whole bag!
(0:00) Welcome to the Live Your Mission show!
(0:15) Mission Meats announcement: Have you signed up for our Superfans Program yet?
(2:21) Intro to our conversation with Nate Spees
(4:25) Welcome to the show, Nate!
(4:47) Nate’s current mission
(5:36) The importance of creativity in the business world
(7:28) Why brands should prioritize creativity more
(10:37) Grizzly’s core components of an “Adventurous brand”
(16:02) Foundation first: Establishing your brand’s roots before the creation
(18:56) Practical tips for your execution
(21:52) Why “Shiny object syndrome” is one of your biggest obstacles
(23:00) The core of brand-customer disconnection
(24:56) Creativity is for EVERYONE // Fine-tuning your environment!
(30:00) Be mildly, perpetually, optimistic
(34:10) THE REAPER ROUND
(51:42) Thanks for tuning in!
Books Mentioned in this episode:
Where to find Nate:
How to nominate someone for Live Your Mission feature
- Post on social using #LIVEYOURMISSION and share with us who you want to nominate (or yourself) thats living out their mission to the fullest!
- You can also email nominations into firstname.lastname@example.org
How to enter #missionreaper challenge for your chance at $100 worth of free snacks
- Grab your bag of Carolina Reaper Beef Jerky (be sure to get some for your friends too!)
- Record your reaction to the HEAT. We dare you to eat the whole bag!
- Upload your video to Facebook or Instagram and tag #MISSIONREAPER to enter! We'll pick one monthly winner.