LIVE YOUR MISSION | #011: Niyi Sobo & the Importance Of Overcoming Fear By Embracing It
In this weeks episode peter talks with Niyi Sobo, a former NFL running back and professional athlete who discusses the importance of self reliance and self discovery. Niyi also touches on how important it can be to embrace fear and anxiety to be able to over come it. Plus stick around to see him sweat though the reaper round!
(0:00) Welcome to the Live Your Mission show!
(0:40) Shoutout to Jason!
(2:10) Intro to our conversation with Niyi Sobo
(4:27) Welcome to the show, Niyi!
(4:44) Niyi’s current mission
(5:52) How Niyi’s childhood taught him the value of self-reliance // Niyi’s journey
(14:07) Does fear fuel your decision-making?
(15:22) A past example of Niyi’s unconscious beliefs
(18:35) Your defensiveness can be fear in disguise
(23:49) Don’t just “Listen to your gut!” // Leaning on past pain
(28:00) How to build a fear-proof environment and excel your life
(33:46) Be careful of your social-media intake
(36:19) Choosing your close-circle
(38:02) The “rumble strip”
(39:27) Exploring the Law of Attraction
(44:30) You gotta know your destination
(45:31) How to get started with figuring out what it is that you want
(46:06) The “whiteboard session”
(53:40) THE REAPER ROUND
(1:14:31) Thanks for tuning in!
Books Mentioned in this episode:
How to nominate someone for Live Your Mission feature
- Post on social using #LIVEYOURMISSION and share with us who you want to nominate (or yourself) thats living out their mission to the fullest!
- You can also email nominations into email@example.com
How to enter #missionreaper challenge for your chance at $100 worth of free snacks
- Grab your bag of Carolina Reaper Beef Jerky (be sure to get some for your friends too!)
- Record your reaction to the HEAT. We dare you to eat the whole bag!
- Upload your video to Facebook or Instagram and tag #MISSIONREAPER to enter! We'll pick one monthly winner.