LYM #022: What Love means with Chrissie Lam
This week Peter chats with Chrissie Lam, founder of Love is Project. An organization dedicated to spreading love by working with artisans in developing countries while providing fair wages, healthcare, and education. Chrissie discusses how she was inspired to start Love is Project with just a single bracelet plus how she’s had to adjust her plan with the current global pandemic. Stick around for the “Reaper Round” where Chrissie shares some of her favorite purchases and where she wants to be in the next 5 years.
(0:00) Welcome back to the Live Your Mission show!
(0:15) Intro to our conversation with Chrissie Lam
(2:47) Welcome Chrissie!
(3:15) Chrissie’s current mission (The “Love Is” Project)
(4:30) How Chrissie left her corporate job to pursue her passion (with just 1 bracelet!)
(7:30) Scaling a simple product with “Love”
(8:32) Reflecting on what Chrissie wished she learned early on in her journey
(10:03) A deeper dive into Chrissie’s team-building
(11:41) Before jumping ship from your 9-to-5, here’s some advice
(13:45) Problem-solving, and tapping in with your contacts
(15:20) Finding positivity in the midst of COVID-19
(19:47) Book: “The Greatest Love Story Ever Told”
(21:27) Practical tips for how you can live out your mission
(22:27) The “Reaper Round”
Check out the Love Is Project here
How to nominate someone for Live Your Mission feature
- Post on social using #LIVEYOURMISSION and share with us who you want to nominate (or yourself) thats living out their mission to the fullest!
- You can also email nominations into email@example.com
How to enter #missionreaper challenge for your chance at $100 worth of free snacks
- Grab your bag of Carolina Reaper Beef Jerky (be sure to get some for your friends too!)
- Record your reaction to the HEAT. We dare you to eat the whole bag!
- Upload your video to Facebook or Instagram and tag #MISSIONREAPER to enter! We'll pick one monthly winner.